MIT TechTV follows a policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with MIT Intellectual Property Policy and applicable laws including the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. It is MIT TechTV's policy to:
- Block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any user; and
- Remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders, consistent with MIT Copyright Notices Protocols
Copyright Problems and Solutions
- Copyright Infringement: Unauthorized sharing of copyrighted materials is against the law.
- What to Do if You Receive a DMCA Notice.
- You wish to file notification of a claimed copyright infringement.
- Copyright at MIT
- Quick Copyright Law Reference (MIT Office of Intellectual Property Counsel)
- MIT Intellectual Property Policy for additional information.
- Creative Commons, an alternate to strict copyright.